Monday, June 27, 2016

Marriage on My Mind: Tips for a Good One!




            Marriage is on my mind today, probably because last Friday my older son married his college sweetheart and, in one quickly uttered “I do,” launched me into the mother-in-law sorority. I’m thrilled to be a new member! And marriage is also on my mind because I’m looking forward to August when my beloved and I celebrate our own years of wedded bliss. Thirty-three blissful years to be exact.
           
            Have they always been blissful? No. Some of have been downright painful and difficult. We’ve suffered tragic losses, acted selfishly, and placed ridiculous burdens upon one another. But we’ve always looked to the One who binds us together to keep us bound together, and He has been faithful to keep binding. And we keep forgiving, and learning, and loving, and life together is richer now than it was thirty-three years ago.
           
            And on the subject of marriage, James Watkins has provided some interesting, and sometimes humorous tips for staying married. Ten of them, actually.
           
            For your reading enjoyment, click on the link:


If you’re unable to access it, you can always go to his blog Hope and Humor to read it.
For those of you marrying this summer, or for those needing a refresher or extra tips for enjoying a healthy, fulfilling marriage, you’ll enjoy his tips. And if you can add to these, please share them with us. I’ll pass them onto my newlywed son!


Until next Monday, may your week be full of blessings that you receive and give, your heart be full of joy and thankfulness, and your days be filled with laughter! Build a little heaven in your life right now, and watch your heavenly garden grow!


Blessings,

Andrea


When the eyes of the soul looking out meet the eyes of God looking in, heaven has begun right here on earth. ~ A. W. Tozer

No comments:

Post a Comment