Monday, October 17, 2016

Finding the Pathway of Peace in New, God-Ordained Adventures





            Sometimes life changes dramatically when you’re least expecting it, even though you’ve been hoping and praying—and in some way preparing—for the change to happen. That’s what’s happening to me. And in the process, I have, and will be, finding peace in new, God-ordained adventures. It is my pathway to peace.

            Yesterday morning, before the sun cracked through the darkness here in Tucson, Arizona, I was whisking east and then north to what we Americans call The Big Apple. I’ve been dreaming, hoping, preparing, and praying for this moment for some time. Now that it’s arrived, and it’s here, I’m stunned, awed, humbled, and a little nervous. I’ll be sitting down and working with some of the best inspirational writing has to offer. I’ll be following in the footsteps of some well-known inspirational writing giants, although it remains to be seen how far into gianthood God will take me. I’m just feeling beyond blessed to be among the 12-member group they’re calling the “Class of 2016.”

            It is in some sense a confirmation of what I already thought God was directing me to do. A big confirmation. But I was already prepared to go a different direction if I had not been selected for this prestigious event. And now I’m putting figurative blinders on so I do not look to the right or to the left and am setting my heart and mind on listening and learning all that I can in order to make the most of this gift God has bestowed upon me.

            To be sure, there is some nervousness in the midst of this Shalom peace—this prosperity. But there shouldn’t be since God has not given us a sense of timidity. Whatever fear I am feeling comes from my flesh, my human sense of inadequacy. But I can hear God whisper in my ear: “Be strong and courageous. Do no be afraid. I have chosen you, and I will be with you wherever you go.” I should be filled with peace. Overflowing with it. And joy, too. I must guard against my frailties crowding out and diminishing the good things.

            I may need to continually remind myself of those things by whispering to my heart, “Peace, be still.” Because even in excitement you can lose your overall sense of peace and let your pattering heart run away. I will feel peace in the midst of the unknown; peace in the midst of excitement. Peace in the midst of a chaotic, intense, unfamiliar city. God knows where I’m going and how to get there, and I will trust in that.

            Next week I’ll tell you all about it. In fact, I can’t wait to report back to you!


Until next Monday, may your week be full of blessings that you receive and give, your heart be full of joy and thankfulness, and your days be filled with laughter. Build a little heaven in your life right now, and watch your heavenly garden grow!


Blessings,

Andrea

When the eyes of the soul looking out meet the eyes of God looking in, heaven has begun right here on earth. ~ A. W. Tozer


Images by Andrea Arthur Owan, and Google

No comments:

Post a Comment