Monday, February 9, 2015

Walking the Path of Grief Together


            We can walk the path of grief together. It really is better if we don’t try to walk it alone.

            It was surprising to me just how many people had experienced the loss of a baby in pregnancy, delivery or soon after. I didn’t know there were so many of us in the same fraternity until I experienced my own loss. It seemed that no one really talked about; but maybe I just wasn’t paying any attention. It certainly seemed that as soon as I lost Victoria, every other woman I saw was pregnant, or all mothers seemed to be birthing girls. I probably hadn’t been paying too much attention to that before, either.

            For those of you who would like to connect with more mothers (and fathers) walking the path of grief, I highly recommend Sara Nelson’s “Pathways” blog on her Sunshine for the Journey website.


Sara writes about her grief journey after losing her adult daughter a year ago. Although she does not specifically address the loss of babies, she speaks eloquently about dealing with parental grief. I’d recommend a look.

It’s a reminder that we are not alone in our pain…

Until next week!

Blessings,


Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment